Sunday, September 19, 2010

Two Famous People

There are two people who during this dance study i will b researching. One is Anna Pavlova, who is a russian ballet dancer. She is so beautiful on pointe. It is amazing how a person can be beautiful on pointe. Also, i am going to be researching Enrico Cecchetti who was  a italian ballet dancer. He loved dancing!! He helped Russia evolve better pointe shoes. Afterward, he went on to teach where he taught Anna Pavlova the Russian ballet and the Italian ballet. Here are some pictures of them Anna on left and Enrico on right:

                                                       

9 comments:

  1. Anna Pavlova is so beautiful. The epitome of en pointe dancer. I remember having pictures of her hanging in my room when I was in ballet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya, i am really excited to study her this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I might have a ballet book with Anna Pavlova in it, if you want it I can bring it to school with me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes please that would be great!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have heard many a time about Mr. Checchetti. I take checchetti and it is hard when you have trained your whole life doing freestyle.

    P.G.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I took cecchetti for a while but when I took a break from dance my teacher had to stop teaching

    ReplyDelete
  7. is it really that hard? what do you have to do? is it like normal ballet?

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's like normal ballet but it has levels and you have to take tests to get to the next level. It's for dancers who are really serious about going pro.

    ReplyDelete